JennieBasset

I read. I read. I read.

Psych Major Syndrome

Psych Major Syndrome - Alicia Thompson I think I would have liked this book a whole bunch more if I'd read it 10 years ago. The author does a fine job of capturing those feelings you have when you first arrive at college. The insecurities about your future, the need to hang onto the past, and that wobbly feeling you get when you encounter something new that you want to latch onto but just can't.The plot points are rather predictable and not overly imaginative. I still found myself turning the pages to get to the next event. I felt like the secondary characters needed a bit more pumping up. The quirky roommate had grand potential. The middle-schoolers being mentored were entertaining but should have been used a bit more.Nathan, however ...he was just right. Smart, sweet, sexy, and quiet. Too bad it took Leigh so long to understand his feelings for her.Leigh was a bit problematic for me. I wanted to like her more than I did. I wanted to feel more sympathy for her but I just couldn't. A solid debut novel. I'd read more from this author.