JennieBasset

I read. I read. I read.
Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley Everything is what it is. I just wish it were something else.You simply must read this book. I was lucky enough to read an ARC and I'm counting the days until I can buy this and add it to my bookshelf and reread it again and again.Graffiti Moon is the story of Shadow, a graffiti artist, and Lucy, a glassblower. Told from both perspectives and interwoven with bits of poetry written by Shadow's buddy, Poet, the story unfolds across one night. Lucy's out to meet Shadow, the artist she's stalked across the city via his graffiti. Instead, she meets Ed. Ed, the guy whose nose she broke at the end of an unfortunate date. What happens next is a brilliant, funny, and engrossing tale.Lucy is strong, strong, strong. Her passion for art shines throughout the story. Her sweet, innocent, and intelligent self is uncompromising. Lucy says what she thinks (most of the time) and doesn't stand for bullshit.Ed is a bit of a tough egg to crack. He's not had the easiest life. His wit and humor show through almost immediately, but he's holding back a secret. Cath Crowley's words are gorgeous. Such imagery. Her descriptions of the graffiti are massive. I want to have a companion book made that shows the art - both the glass and the paintings. The plot moves fast and the secondary characters are memorable.You want to read this. I promise.